Per Sé Group
Per Sé Group has an immediate need for a Static Engineer for a leading commercial real estate company. The role of the Static Engineer is expected to support the Assistant and/or Chief Engineer in the day-to-day maintenance, repair, and efficient operation of all building systems and equipment. The engineer will be expected to coordinate and complete all requests for work, assign priorities, delegate to appropriate contractor, if required, and follow-up on completion. In particular, the Engineer will be expected to perform routine maintenance and repairs of all HVAC, boiler, heating, refrigeration, water, and energy systems to ensure the effective operation of the facility. This is a non-supervisory position.
• Operation, maintenance, and repair of all boilers, heaters, pumps, valves, appurtenances and lines used in the distribution of steam and heated or processed water.
• Operation, maintenance and repair of refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves, float valves, together with all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperature, and air conditioning systems in their entirety.
• Operation, maintenance and repair of pumps handling water or other secondary refrigerating liquids together with all valves, appurtenances and lines used in the system.
• Operation, maintenance and repair of air compressors, together with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control.
• Operation, maintenance and repair of all natural and manufactured gas distribution lines, including all valves and control devices.
• Operation, maintenance and repair of water filters, softeners, piping and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution, including all sinks and toilet bowls, including all supply lines, drains, water lines, control devices and sprinkler systems.
• Operation, maintenance and repair of all types of electrical motors and engines used to power pumps, compressors and fans.
• Maintenance of elevators except where this type of equipment is serviced and maintained by specialized contractors.
• Operation, maintenance and repair of building automation systems for HVAC, including consoles, data gathering panels, remote sensors and indicating devices.
• Operation, maintenance and repair of sanitary sewer systems, sump pumps including basins, water closets, urinals and piping.
• Maintenance and repair of trash compactors, including electrical and hydraulic systems.
• Maintenance and repair of all kitchen equipment excluding tenant owned equipment.
Desired Skills and Expertise
Minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience in commercial building operations and maintenance.
• Experience in operation, maintenance and basic repair of HVAC, boilers, heaters, pumps, refrigerant systems, compressors, gas lines, water systems, and the like.
• Knowledgeable in energy management systems, techniques and operations.
• Thorough knowledge in all building systems operations, maintenance and repair.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with tenants, clients and vendors.
• Possess any permits or licenses required by law or code (e.g., refrigeration license, etc.).
Job Type: Full-time, Direct