Industry: Renewable Energy
Job Number: 21853
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Transmission Analyst with a growing renewable energy developer with a history of successfully developing over 800 MW of renewable energy projects that are operating in the US. Their focus to date has been on completing the pre-construction development activities and negotiating the off-take/hedge agreements required to build large-scale (i.e. 50 to 300MW) renewable energy generation projects. Our client develops projects from inception and acquisitions, investing the necessary capital and resources, and building key partnerships to market and build successful projects. As Their history of successful projects demonstrates a strong track record and has positioned them well for advanced development of their large pipeline of renewable energy projects, they are now looking to expand the team. This full-time position represents a great opportunity to join our growing company in a leadership role which is integral to driving the company’ s wind development portfolio. The position is a senior-level position, working closely to advise management in near and long-term revenue strategies.
An ideal candidate will have minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering. They should have 4+ years of experience in either, energy development, application and/or study of transmission-level interconnection of with ample exposure to intermittent energy facilities, or interconnection facility or project substation design through IFC-stage. An idea candidate would have direct experience working with a WECC based IOU. Utilizing the in-house commercial and development assets, this role requires a commercial opportunities-based approach to renewable energy development and associated interconnection and transmission; incorporating technical assessment to portfolio strategy, guiding toward the advancement of key development opportunities.
The candidate should have experience both in the WECC and ISO markets and can demonstrate a working knowledge of some of the fine intricacies within each, from a commercial, planning and scheduling perspective. Candidate must be willing to travel (20-40%) and willing to innovate and learn new skills for integration into the Project Development team. Other development duties include, in part or in whole; preliminary project screening and diligence, project economics and financial modeling knowledge, interconnection screening and application procedures in two or more regions for large-scale/transmission-level interconnection, transmission screening, planning and execution, site control activities, functional competency of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), facilities layout, development and execution of environmental diligence and mitigation strategies, local, state and national permitting, resource assessment campaigns, facility performance modeling, development budgeting and project execution scheduling.
Key responsibility areas are:
Job Type: Full-time, Direct Hire
- Identify opportunities based on transmission planning or injection capacity of new or existing infrastructure.
- Strategically align opportunities with markets and schedules of utility goals.
- Develop relationships within working groups or independently with key market participants for advancement of company development objectives.
- Responsible for concurrent advancement of development disciplines within one or more large utility-scale renewable projects.
- Actively seek innovative ways to apply filed OATTs for the most efficient interconnection study and execution path.
- Work well within a fast-paced team environment, yet able to be highly efficient while working remotely.
- Management of project advancement, subcontractor schedules and critical deliverable review.
- Ability to effectively present project plans and progress updates to management team and project partners.
- Advise management team for new and emerging initiatives or changing interconnection environments.
- Collaborate with and provide guidance to Business Development team in off-take and M&A efforts.
- Maintain current understanding of changing markets and policies related to interconnection, transmission and energy storage.