4900 N Scottsdale Road, Suite 5000
Job Number: 21645
Per Sé Group has an immediate need for a Senior Development Engineer for Solar. Reporting to the Director, Development Engineering, the Senior Development Engineer has primary responsibility for owning the preliminary design and scope development for early-stage projects, managing internal and external personnel to provide well-optimized array layouts, single lines, cost estimates, and engineering schedules based on limited information that will be integrated into professional RFP and bidding response packages. Typical projects include ground mount solar and utility scale PV projects, and Energy Storage. Development Engineers will work closely with Clients’ s internal departments including origination, development, project engineering, construction, procurement, project finance, and O&M; as well as with EPC contractors, Independent Engineers, financing parties, and other consultants, contractors, and stakeholders as needed. This position will be based in our Scottsdale office.
- Technical lead and primary design and engineering point of contact for the origination and development teams supporting new commercial, community solar, and utility-scale solar bidding opportunities
- Manage all resources internally or externally as necessary to prepare preliminary designs, performance estimates, cost estimates, schedules and risks to be incorporated into the binding and non-binding proposals that meet the potential customer' s contractual requirements
- Assess and thoroughly communicate and quantify preliminary site constraints, cost adders, and schedule risks quickly
- Provide optimized equipment selection (modules, inverters, racking) in order to maximize project economics and win rate
- Manage and communicate key due diligence requirements and costs on new opportunities
- Represent Client in interviews, meetings, negotiations with clients, project developers, suppliers, consultants, utilities and regulatory authorities
- Attend and/or manage personnel who will attend site walks to gather preliminary site assessment information to be used in the early stage design and scoping documentation
- Technical support and management of internal business development programs and initiatives
- Understanding of solar project design and optimization tradeoffs and familiarity with current solar market, equipment suppliers, contractors, typical technical specifications, and costs
- Experience with solar project financing and independent engineer requirements
- Understanding of solar energy estimates, losses, assumptions, and standards
- Experience with review and negotiation of engineering, procurement, and construction contracts and technical exhibits for solar facilities
- Experience managing consultants and contractors
- Working knowledge of relevant US and IEC equipment standards, codes and construction practices
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated with ability to perform in a dynamic and collaborative working environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel (< 20%) and occasionally to work overtime on short notice when necessary.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize work, manage relationships with clients, colleagues, consultants and contractors
- B.S. degree in mechanical, electrical, or civil engineering, or related subject - M.S. degree and/or P.E. desirable
- 6+ years of solar industry experience, including 2+ years of direct EPC experience completing the detailed design, permitting, and construction of solar projects