5005 Texas St, Ste 400
Industry: Renewable Energy
Job Number: 21788
Per Se Group' s client is seeking a Senior Cost Revenue Accountant to work out of their San Diego, CA office. Together with the Senior VP of Finance, this position will advance the goals of providing excellent accounting support to the US team and to the Company and its shareholders. The primary responsibility of this position will be to lead and manage all aspects of the project cost accounting function in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Oversee job cost accounting & other project-level cost transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Supervise monthly reconciliation of Cost of Goods Sold, including reconciliation of Pre-WIP costs, Accrued Job Costs, and other similar job cost accounts.
- Manage WIP schedule & prepare monthly project-level revenue and margin recognition.
- Recognize revenue based on contract terms per defined under ASC 606Drive quarterly commission calculation based on the plan
- Serve as point of contact for auditor-requested deliverables relating to project accounting.
- Collaborate with 3rd party software providers to maintain SaaS functionality with a constant view of improving the technological processes.
- Manage process for approval of new vendor accounts, ensuring compliance with all 1099 reporting requirements.
- Partner with operations and IT as applicable to address system issues impacting the project accounting function.
- Ensure AP Docs email account is managed accurately, and all inquiries addressed timely.
- Manage job cost accounting staff, including by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Technical accounting research as applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Accounting (or similar), licensed CPA preferred.
- Advanced reporting and data analysis skills, including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of percentage-of-completion revenue recognition.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop staff to achieve successful outcomes.