11100 Wayzata Blvd.
Job Number: 21787
Per Sé Group
Remote or Minneapolis, MN
We have an exciting opportunity as a Project Developer with a client that continues to expand into additional development opportunities and are looking to expand their team. This full-time position represents a great opportunity to join a growing company and you will serve as an integral team member to support the development of Wind, Solar, and Storage projects while also monitoring and participating in new renewable policy efforts. The position is a mid-level role with near-term advancement opportunities, depending on performance.
An ideal candidate will have either a Bachelor’ s Degree or an Associate Degree from an accredited institution and 2+ years of experience developing renewable projects within the United States. We are seeking a person who has familiarity with renewable energy technologies and geospatial concepts, can demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills, is detail-oriented, critically-minded, deadline conscious, and familiar with Mac and Windows computing environments. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint and Word programs is a must and experience in Smartsheet or Microsoft Projects is a plus. Candidate must be willing to travel (20-40%) and willing to innovate and learn new skills. Key areas of established working experience are; environmental impacts, permitting at local, state or federal jurisdictions, interconnection procedures, site control and leasing, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), wind and/or solar layout, resource assessment, facility performance modeling and development budgeting.
Key responsibility areas are:
- Responsible for advancement of project development disciplines in both utility-scale wind and utility and community-scale PV solar projects within the US.
- Specific development focus in environmental mitigation and permitting
- Work daily and collaboratively with development team in Smartsheets on multiple projects
- Maintain an understanding of evolving renewable energy policy for emerging or developing opportunities.
- Seek participation in industry working-groups related to potential or proposed policy changes or new initiatives.
- Assist in expansion of Renewable Energy portfolio, including wind energy and storage projects.
- Work well in fast-paced team environment, yet able to be highly efficient while working independently and remotely.
- Management of subcontractor schedules and critical deliverable review.
- Perform prospecting and scoping activities, including cold calls and conducting arranged meetings.
- Due diligence activities during M&A activities
- Ability to actively create and execute campaigns to achieve focused development objectives.
- Assist development team in preparation of marketing and generation of off-take and M&A proposals.
- Ability to effectively present plans and progress updates to management team and project partners/investors.
- Ongoing assessment of energy market conditions, trends, and opportunities across multiple political and geographic environments ad markets.
Job Type: Full-time, Direct Hire