2828 N. Harwood, Suite 1300
Industry: Oil and Gas
Job Number: 21900
Per Se’ Group
We have a great contract opportunity with an Oil & Gas company in Dallas, Texas for a Procurement Manager. This will start as a 6-month contract with a good possibility of being extended annually. As a Procurement Manager you will Develop relationships with key business owners to understand the short- and long-term goals and needs of the business related to assigned category (including demand, quality expectations, delivery needs and cost). Additionally, here are some of the regular duties of this role:
- Utilizes spend analysis to establish a detailed view of the current spend segmentation for assigned categories.
- Researches and benchmarks the market for assigned categories and develops a robust category management plan (including risks, trends, supply base, costs and competitors).
- Designs, implements, and manages multi-year strategies to meet business needs for assigned categories.
- Identifies and manages a portfolio of opportunities for the assigned categories.
- Plans, designs, executes and manages strategic sourcing activities with suppliers for various categories.
- Works with the applicable teams to negotiate category specific contracts.
- Designs and manages the company’ s Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) process to ensure key suppliers meet the company’ s business needs.
- Works with the procurement specialists to ensure supplier commitments are transacted per the terms of the agreements.
- Drives cross-site buy-in and compliance to category strategies and continuous improvement.
- Validates and monitors price adjustments and communicates changes to the affected stakeholders. Provides pricing forecast information as needed.
- Develops cost models for cost component comparisons in negotiations with suppliers.
- A minimum of five (5) years of procurement, supply chain, category management, strategic sourcing or contract management experience, or related project management and industry experience, is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in oil and gas industry is preferred.
- A minimum of a bachelor’ s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, or other related discipline is required.
- A Master’ s Degree in Business Administration is preferred.
- Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task complex requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills.