2503 58th Street
Industry: Engineering & Construction
Job Number: 21662
Per Se’ Group has an immediate need for a Professional Licensed (PE) Civil/Structural engineer with a strong forensic background who has residential/commercial structural failure analysis expertise, soils movement/settlement causation analysis and system failure analysis experience. Past specific forensic investigation and deposition testifying experience would be a strong plus.
- Perform and oversee that all investigations are provided in a totally unbiased, ethical and technically dependable manner
- Work to specifically address the question of “ Why Did Some Particular Loss/Injury or defect occur.”
- Working with Insurance companies, law firms, private individuals and members of the general industry located across the country solving their mysteries.
- Conduct residential and commercial forensic investigations to analyze and determine the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, roof damage, water intrusions, construction defects, and soil movements and other geo-technical issues.
- Conduct Lab testing on evidence for product defects and mechanical failures.
- Investigate and assess damages due to weather events and natural disasters, such as storm damage, floods, snow storms and hurricanes.
- Research technical publications and literature in support of evaluations and apply engineering principles and practices in accordance with codes and industry standards.
- Provide signed and sealed detailed forensic engineering reports outlining cause and origin of damage to clients.
- Manage multiple projects and assume responsibility for project execution within deadlines.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other Engineers in our company.
- Peer review, sign and stamp investigative work performed by other Staff Engineers.
- Communicate with administrative staff, Lab technician and clients to provide periodic timelines and investigation updates.
- Help the company gain new business via supporting marketing requests
- Deposition testifying
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration, Civil/Structural engineer
- Professional license in multiple states would also be a plus
- Strong forensic background who has residential/commercial structural failure analysis expertise.
- 10+ years of experience.
- Local to Hampton Virginia and willing to travel.
Job Type: Direct Hire