74 Lathrop Road
Industry: Fossil Power
Job Number: 20709
Per Sé Group
Per Sé Group has an immediate need for an experienced, organized and self-motivated Operations Supervisor. As Operations Supervisor, you’ ll direct the ongoing operational shift activities of the power plant and be responsible for the safe, reliable and efficient operation of individual units in compliance with all environmental regulations.
- Administer and monitor equipment safety lockout/tagout system.
- Promotes accident prevention and safety awareness by conducting pre-shift briefings, weekly safety meetings, job safety audits and accident investigations.
- Supervises the duties of operating and fuel handling personnel during off-shift periods, directs maintenance personnel for priority work.
- Acts as incident commander during plant emergency conditions.
- Performs administrative duties for operations, e.g., logs/records, initiation of work requests and documentation of equipment testing and inspections.
- Leads troubleshooting of equipment problems to correct the problem or recommends corrective actions
- Supervises housekeeping assessments are completed and directs work assignments to maintain acceptable conditions.
- Monitoring of consumable materials such as fuel, oil, hydrogen, CO2, and ammonia.
- Directs all station operations at the plant during the off-shift periods as the lead management person on shift.
- Generates repair tickets to ensure maintenance problems are properly and timely repaired and participates in station work management through daily planning discussions and outage planning with the cognizant maintenance personnel.
- Provides direct supervision of union represented employees
- Communicates with other departments on unit status, de-ratings, plant operating risks, and scheduled maintenance affecting unit capability on a daily basis.
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent, Two-year technical degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of power plant operational experience
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- SAP or other like CMMS system experience: Maximo, Mainsaver etc.
- Ten years of large scale power plant operational experience – fossil fired conventional boilers
- Demonstrated power plant supervisory experience
- Detailed knowledge of unit generating sub-systems and operational procedures and guidelines.
- Basic mechanical, electrical and chemical theories as they relate to power generation.
- Decision-making skills.
- Ability to train new operators.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time, Contract Position
Per Sé Group
Company – 150 employees
Per Sé has been successfully Providing People Solutions™ for over 25 years. We specialize in placing engineering and technical energy personnel with various career opportunities within the energy industry. Our unique screening process will match your employment requirements with employer opportunities.
We are here because people deserve a better staffing experience. Contact one of our Technical Recruiters to start the conversation today.
Job posted by: Ron Arder, Technical Recruiter