Job Number: 21209
Field Installation Technician
Per Sé Group
As a Field Installation Technician, you will provide exceptional communication, responsible for installing and servicing laser equipment. Field Installation Technicians have a secondary responsibility to provide customer support by telephone on general operation and troubleshooting of machine problems. Technicians will spend a high percentage of the job on the road traveling to customer sites and must have the ability to meet deadlines and adhere to quality standards. Our client’ s fast-paced, high volume, team-oriented environment is the perfect place to start your career!
Contract: Temp to Hire
Schedule: Monday – Friday, must be willing to travel
Field Installation Technician Responsibilities:
- Perform equipment installation as well as verify proper operation of machines to the manufacture specifications by performing any needed test.
- Review, evaluate, and resolve machine problems at customer sites, or by phone, with limited supervision.
- Must assume responsibility and exercise discretion and independent judgment to evaluate, diagnose, and provide timely, appropriate responses and resolutions to customer problems.
- Provide adequate training to customers (and in some events other employees) with the overall intention of instructing and/or recommending methods that will improve and/or enhance the performance of the machinery and optimize its usage for their particular needs.
- Ability to effectively document and communicate ideas, strategies, problems, and solutions in both verbal and written forms to co-workers and customers.
- Ability to prepare written service reports and other necessary supportive documentation.
Education and Experience:
- Must have valid driver’ s license.
- Must be able to secure and maintain a credit card.
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to determine customer problems with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to interact with customers in a way so as to maintain customer confidence in our products.
- Must be able to travel at any time to various customer locations, which includes having or being able to obtain a passport.
- Associate degree in electronics or equivalent.
- Some experience in the industry, preferable
- Basic understanding of the fabrication industry, and general shop operations is preferred.
- Familiarity with calipers, leveling devices, precision indicators, voltmeters, oscilloscopes, soldering irons, and other equipment necessary to perform the job function.