Our client, a successful developer of onshore and offshore wind farm projects, has recently expanded to develop solar photo voltaic (PV) projects, as well. Their competencies include acquiring, developing, financing and selling wind and solar facilities. After wind and solar projects are sold, the company offers technical and commercial services, including operations and maintenance. They are also an independent power producer (IPP) and operate a select number of onshore wind farms and solar PV projects.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Director of Power Marketing to assist our client in arranging Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), solicit, negotiate, and manage the arrangement of (QF, utility and C&I) PPAs, hedge transactions, and other off-take agreements for their wind and solar development projects.
Reporting to and working closely with the COO, the position location is flexible, although Chicago is preferred.
Current development projects are in Oklahoma (SPP), New Mexico (Tri-State and PNM), Wyoming (PacifiCorp), Illinois (PJM and MISO) and Utah (NWPP). USA home office is in Chicago and the position may require travel within the United States and occasional travel to Germany.
Required Education, Training, Knowledge and Experience:
• A minimum of five years of related power marketing experience in the USA, SPP wind experience preferred
• Understanding of regulatory affairs and distinct power markets including C&I.
• Bachelor’ s or preferably Master’ s degree, in engineering, economics, business administration or related discipline.
• Experience using data analysis software and tools.
• Demonstrated experience in supporting utility scale wind and solar projects.
• Demonstrated skill in Project Management, managing multiple projects
• Strong verbal and written English communications skills.
• Ability to travel (up to 30%)