Our client in Chicago is seeking a highly motivated Director, Solar Development to manage early to mid-stage solar PV projects in the United States and Canada (with focus on utility scale and Commercial and Industrial (C&I) projects). Candidates should be able to demonstrate success and experience directly or by managing others (internal or consultants) in the full range of development activities including land acquisition, site layout, environmental studies, permitting, equipment vendor selection, interconnection, equipment procurement and construction (EPC) vendor contract proposals, balance of plant (BOP) construction vendor proposals, off-take, operations and maintenance (O&M) proposals, construction and long-term financing proposals, and project sale. You will also be responsible for RFP proposals and Qualified Facility filings and development. Understanding and familiarity with the processes of power marketing/sales would be beneficial. Reporting to the COO and based at the home office in Chicago with frequent travel within the United States and Canada and occasional travel to Germany.
Required Education, Training, Knowledge and Experience
• A minimum of five years of successful experience in the development of solar PV projects in the US
• Bachelor’ s or Master’ s degree, in engineering, economics, business administration or related discipline.
• Experience with Microsoft office software and computer literacy, including data analysis.
• Demonstrated skill in managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong verbal and written English communications skills.